Hey everyone, I have been in treatment for almost 2 weeks now. I have been adjusting pretty well, have had a few rough days, but also had some fun times as well. My expected time being here is 6-10 weeks, so by the beginning to the end of July is the expected discharge date depending on how things go, could be longer if needed though. I feel like I am gaining a lot of weight and feel uncomfortable when I get full which gives me anxiety. I have been trying to learn better ways to cope with the anxiety and depression. I am also learning to figure out ways to challenge the eating disorder and working on having better body-image which is tough and will take some time.
Today I got to go on a pass for the first time, I get to have three 3 hour passes today, tomorrow, and Monday. Today I went to the Mall of America with my mom and sisters. We didn't have a lot of time to shop but we went to the Disney store and Becca bought me a couple of stuffed animals and then we went to Build-A-Bear and me and Becca made a stuffed animal. I made a puppy and Becca made a bear. When I go on my passes I have to make sure I get my meal plan in, and so far I can just go on a pass during snack times, so I had to make sure I got my snack in. I have been getting to know the other residents here and they are very nice. We have played some games together which was a lot of fun.
I have been writing in a journal which has helped me put my thoughts on paper. I have also talked with the EDT's which has helped.
During my free time, I enjoy watching tv, playing games, listening to music, writing, coloring, painting my nails, and just hanging out. My appt's have been going alright. I am starting to feel more at home here now and have lots of support but it's hard at meals sometimes.
~Heather Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment