Saturday, May 19, 2012

Almost a week at the Emily Program- Anna Westin House-Adolescent/YA

Hey everyone, today is my 5th and a half day here at the Anna Westin House-Adolescent/Young Adult which is apart of the Emily Program. I have slowly been adjusting to things around here. There have been some challenges but also some good times as well. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and anxious about things though. The weekends consist of mostly free time. This morning we had a cooking group though and got to make lunch. Today through Monday we get visiting hours but I am just doing laundry and relaxing then and tomorrow and Monday my family is coming. I haven't seen my older brother or sister since before I left so I will enjoy being able to see them again. I am starting to learn more about myself and figuring out ways to cope with anxiety. Some days I am more homesick then others, so I would appreciate emails or mail sent to me, that way I can stay in touch with all of you! I miss you a lot!
Again here is the address you can write me at:
Anna Westin House-Adolescent, 
2230 Como Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 
55108
I try to remember that going through this will make me stronger and able to help others more

1 comment:

Carl and Marlene Kuhns said...

6 And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. Philippians 1:6
This work that Christ has begun in you Heather might not be easy but He is going to be there every step of the way with you. Sometimes you may feel so scared and nervous and overwhelmed, but He has promised to help you so remember we are praying for you and keep on doing the best you can every day. Some days you might take bigger steps than others but every day is a New day with new opportunities and new chances to try again.
love & prayers, Aunt Marlene