Friday, June 22, 2012

 
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't written in awhile... kinda have been putting it off.
Anyways, I have been in residential treatment for a month now, the 14th marked a month. This is my 5th week here and Monday marks 6 weeks.
Since first arriving here, I have adjusted a lot, connected with other residents and opened up more, I still have a lot to work on though.
Last weekend I got to go on pass during a meal for the first time which was sorta challenging. Tuesday we went on an outing to Build-A-Bear and I made a monkey stuffed animal, that was fun. 
Meals have been a challenge but I don't think I have had to have the Boost supplement for a week or two. But since being here, I have had my meal plan increased not once but twice so far and that really frustrates me. I have to have Boost or Boost Breeze with my afternoon snack now which sucks.
We have had some severe thunderstorm warnings and had to go downstairs to the Purple Room and sleep until the warning passed, the first night it was most of the night and the second night for like an hour or so at 4 in the morning, so we ended up not getting a lot of sleep for a couple days.
Last Tuesday I got a new roommate, she is the same age as me and is from Michigan.
I have had quite a few rough times here, my anxiety and depression have been really high at times but I got my medication increased a lot since being here.
Despite the negative things going on, I have had some positives as well: I am starting to feel less depressed at times and able to enjoy myself but there are still times where I get into a down mood and feel very depressed and anxious. I have learned to try new things, crocheting, making friendship bracelets, I learned some new games (Bananagrams, the celebrity game, etc.) and I now drink coffee, and I even did some karaoke.
This weekend I get to see some old friends from Buffalo and Orlando, I haven't seen them in a long time so I am excited to see them again.
Feel free to email or write to me whenever and I will make sure to get back to you!
~Heather Rose

 

No comments: